DDEX maintains relationships with a number of Liaison Organisations which are normally relevant trade associations and standards bodies. The purpose of these relationships is to provide a mechanism for communication to the Liaison Organisations’ constituencies of information about DDEX’s work plans and activities. This also provides opportunities for DDEX to encourage implementations of its standards amongst these constituencies. However, nothing can replace actual involvement in DDEX through Charter or Full membership and Liaison Organisations are expected to encourage membership of DDEX in order that it can ensure all possible requirements are taken into account in the development of its standards.
In certain circumstances, a Liaison Organisation may participate in Working Groups or Plenary Meetings, particularly if it is itself a standards organisation responsible for a standard relevant to the development of DDEX’s standards. Thus DDEX ensures that its standards are interoperable with all other relevant standards.
The current Liaison Organisations are:
- Association for Electronic Music (AFEM)
- Association of Independent Music (AIM)
- Bureau International des Sociétés Gérant Les Droits D’Enregistrement et de Reproduction Mécanique (BIEM)
- Confédération Internationale des Sociétés d’Auteurs et Compositeurs (CISAC)
- Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR)
- Independent Music Coalition Japan (IMCJ)
- International Confederation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI)
- The Ivors Academy
- Music Business Association (MusicBiz)
- Open Music Initiative
- Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ)
- Recording Industry of America, Inc. (RIAA)
- Societies’ Council for the Collective Management of Performers’ Rights (SCAPR)
- World Independent Network (WIN)
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)
If any relevant trade association or standards body wishes to become a DDEX Liaison Organisation, please contact us.